WW2 Upper Thames Patrol HG cap badge
A good scarce die-stamped brass Home Guard example on slider. Crowned conjoined oval shields, taken from the arms of the Thames Conservancy, with UTP below. (KK 2430)
Raised originally as an LDV unit in May 1940 by Abingdon’s MP Sir Ralph Glyn. The unit guarded the non-tidal part of the Thames from Teddington Lock to Oxford.